I have a confession to make: I only comb my hair once a month.. and that's being generous. I typically only tackle the hurdle that is my hair when a tangle gets so bad that I can actually see it. When Nail Polish Canada reached out and asked if I wanted to review two brushes known for their snag-free detangling abilities, I'll admit I was a bit hesitant at first. However, after doing a bit more research on the Tangle Teezer and The Wet Brush, I was hopeful that one of them would be the one to change my habits.
Some quick comparisons:
- On size: The Tangle Teezer (TT) is obviously a lot smaller and is easier to travel with. It fits comfortably in the hand. The Wet Brush (WB) is the size of a standard hair brush.
- On quality: The TT seems a bit delicate and more likely to break if dropped. The WB has a silicone feeling handle that is slip free and feels sturdy.
- On price: They are both similarly priced at about $15 - $16 CDN.
Now on to some of the nitty gritty details:
- On comfort: Both brushes have plastic bristles, but the WB has bristles that are capped with rounded SofTips which help to massage and stimulate the scalp. The TT has rows of uneven plastic bristles that, to be frank, hurt.. but in a good way. Kind of like when you're ripping off a band-aid or waxing your legs. It can be a little intense at first, but when used carefully, it does feel as equally stimulating as the WB.
- On performance: Both brushes claim to gently glide through the hair instead of snagging and pulling on tangles, and I find that to be true of both of them. They both detangle wet and dry hair really well, and is pain-free to boot! One major difference I find is that with the WB, you have to go through your hair several times to get out all the tangles, while with the TT, one pull through a section is usually enough. This is probably due to the difference in the bristles.
While the Wet Brush and Tangle Teezer have both lived up to their claims, I find myself ultimately reaching for the Tangle Teezer more often. When used on dry hair, the Tangle Teezer leaves me tangle-free without leaving my hair frizzy and puffed up like an angry cat.
L: What my hair looks like on any given morning after a night-time shower. R: After a quick parting and run through with the Tangle Teezer.
The products that are being reviewed in this post were provided to me by NailPolishCanada.com, but all opinions expressed are my own.